Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Makarov, The Red Army's answer

    Now for one of my least favorite weapons; the Makarov PM. I'm not biased, so it will be an honest rating.
Caliber: 9x18 PM
Capacity: 8+1 rounds
MAG Type: Box magazine
Action: Semi Automatic
Sight: Iron Sights
Type: Pistol
Manufacturer: Makarov


     The Makarov PM was designed originally as the PM, seeing as the Red Army needed a more reliable semi-auto pistol to replace the obsolete TT-33 and the Nagant Revolver. Makarov developed the PM in competition against companies such as Rakov, Siminov, and Baryshev. The Red Army selected the PM, and have now developed it until new versions have been released. Two new variants are the IZh-70, and the IZh-71, both chambered for the 9x17mm (.380 ACP). The Makarov is a Blowback operated pistol, using the recoil of one round to chamber the next round. The Makarov can hold 8 rounds in it's magazine, along with 1 more in the chamber. The current PMM can hold 12 rounds, with one in the chamber as well.

Now for my rating. As \I said, I may not like this gun, but I will give it an honest.
Range:          *
Accuracy:     *
Recoil:          *
Capacity:      *
Mobility:       *****
Stealth:         *****
Weight:        *
SAA:           *
Overall:        **

      Two stars. Why? It has low range, low accuracy, decent recoil, along with a small capacity. It's extremely mobile, and has great stealth. Really though, that is all it has running for the Makarov. It has almost no weight, and I've seen more threatening Frenchmen than the Makarov. Overall; two stars.

    I don't know why you'd disagree, but email me if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment